OIC Health Sector
The OIC health Sector coordination department is a leading and coordinating body of the health services activities carried out by the Coalition members of the local and international Organizations member to the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) working in Somalia, in response to the health needs targeting to the neediest beneficiaries affected by different acute communicable diseases and other serious chronic diseases by provision of medical supplies.
OBJECTIVES OF HEALTH SERVICES:
- The general objective of OIC Health care is to assist and cooperate with the Ministry of Health in recovering of the health service system of Somalia.
- Specific objectives:
- To enable the needy people the access to basic health services
- To contribute in reducing infant and maternal morbidity and mortality rates in general and in Children of Under five years in particular.
- To contribute prevent and control outbreaks measures of Communicable diseases and treat endemic disease, especially Acute watery diarrheal diseases, acute respiratory infections, malaria, malnutrition, TB and HIV/AIDS.
- Contribute in the capacity building programs for health manpower
Afgoye Hospital report
Health Sector Annual report